16 Nov Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Recipe from Love Me Feed Me
For the crust:
- 1¼ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 firm banana, preferably refrigerated
For the filling:
- 2 cups baked sweet potato*, skin removed
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup aquafaba**
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a pie pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- To make the crust, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. I found it easiest to do with my hands. If it seems a little too wet, add in more flour until you have a dough that is not sticky/tacky at all.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of wax or parchment paper. Roll out as thin as you need for it to fit the pie pan.
- Place in the pie pan and set aside as you prepare the filling.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together all filling ingredients except for the cornstarch. Blend/process until smooth and creamy. Add in the cornstarch and blend a little longer.
- Pour into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then let chill in the fridge overnight.
- Once it has set, slice, serve, and enjoy!
*To bake sweet potato, cut two medium sweet potatoes in half, place on a parchment lined baking tray, and bake at 425F until soft (about 30-40 min). Let cool a bit before making the filling.
View the full article at Love Me Feed Me